Pay customers to shop with you: that's what it will take to stay afloat.
We can learn a lot from this Best Buy email:
1. Promote free shipping with a very low threshold. Best Buy requires just a $35 order. What do your competitors offer?
2. Give away money to shop with you. Best Buy is offering me $5 knowing that I'll likely spend $50.
3. Show smiling faces in your advertising and emails. Show real workers--do not use stock photos.
4. Set a deadline by when customers can redeem the credit. This makes it easier for you to keep track of promotions and their effectiveness.
5. Promote the ways they can shop, including telephone and online.
Your Bridge site does not allow redeeming gift cards online (for security purposes), but they can view your site and give you their coupon code over the phone or via email.